If you are living a keto lifestyle, incorporating salad dressings can be one of the best ways to include fats in your diet while trying to get in your daily veggies. However, you may not be aware that many dressings are filled with preservatives and additives, taking away the vitamins and nutrients you need, or full of sugars that will kick you out of ketosis.
Before we tell you all the fantastic things about keto salad dressings, let’s quickly recap the essentials of what keto is and what the benefits are.
About Keto Diet
The ketogenic diet (commonly known as the keto diet) is a high fat, very low carb diet that can provide significant health benefits. Many people use it to lose weight and improve their overall health. Changing your nutrition to the fat-based and no-carb approach puts your body in a metabolic state called ketosis. This ideal state of being is said to be more efficient for fat burning. It also is supposed to turn fat into ketones in the liver - what does this mean exactly? It can supply way more fuel to the brain. This diet dramatically reduces blood sugar and insulin levels to increase body function in conjunction with increased ketones.
Some more benefits also include:
- A more significant proportion of fat loss comes from your abdominal cavity. Meaning, not all fat in your body is the same. A ketogenic diet targets abdominal fat from the abdominal cavity, making it a popular weight-loss strategy.
- Lower blood pressure- this low-carb diet reduces the risk of elevated blood pressure, stroke, kidney failure, and many other diseases.
Given this, here are some foods to avoid on the keto diet:
- Grains or starches
- Most Fruit
- Beans or legumes
- “Low-fat” or “diet” products
- Vegetable oils
About Keto Dressing
Don’t let your dressing stop you from achieving all the wonderful benefits of a keto diet.
Maintaining a keto diet can require meal preparation ahead of time to ensure you are getting all the necessary nutrients for the day. Even though many keto dieters love eating salad, many dressings on the market today don’t consider that their ingredients should be nutrient-packed. Our dressings at Cleveland Kitchen are designed for the keto lifestyle and provide fermented benefits as well. This unique combination makes it easy to get the nutrients you need and have a tasty lunch.
Our Dressings and Marinades
Our Keto-Certified dressings are made with a base of fermented veggies that easily bring gut-health benefits and delicious flavor without sugars or carbs. In addition, most are plant-based and all are gluten-free!
Here are our delectable flavors to try:
- Hail Caesar- A creamy plant-based dressing packed with flavor from fermented cabbage, garlic, and herbs. The fresh herbs and spices will excite the palate!
- Sweet Beet- This dressing offers a creamy, vibrant option blending fermented red cabbage, beets, and carrots. A naturally sweet dressing perfect in any grain bowl.
- Gnarly Miso Jalapeño- This spicy dressing and marinade pack a mouthwatering punch with fermented cabbage, green peppers, jalapeño, and miso.
- Roasted Garlic- This plant-based dressing and marinade are made with creamy, garlic goodness. As a crowd-favorite, you can easily add this as a tasty dip, in a protein salad or on a sandwich.
- Backyard Ranch- Perfect for garden veggies and guilt-free gatherings. This flavor embodies the Midwest spirit with fresh herbs and spices, with less than 60 calories too! (non-vegan)
- We also have a variety pack if you can’t decide!
About Cleveland Kitchen
Along with our dressing and marinades, we also have a variety of sauerkraut flavors. We wanted to bring fermented foods to the main course and use the best tasting ingredients in all our products.
At Cleveland Kitchen, we believe in creating world-class culinary fermented foods for all. Fermented foods are regularly consumed within European and Asian cultures and we invested in finding a way for American consumers to simply and deliciously do the same.
Our team truly believes that fermented foods are key to a healthier diet, and we want to make it effortless for people to savor them on any occasion. Our new fermented dressings hope that consumers can enjoy it regularly and reap the gut-health benefits from the millions of probiotics present in our one-of-a-kind dressing.
Keto-Friendly, Gut-Healthy Seasonal Salad
- 1 ½ cups romaine lettuce
- 1 soft-boiled egg
- ¼ cup diced tomato
- ¼ cup beets
- 3 tablespoons of sweet onion
- 3 tablespoon of pumpkin seeds
- ½ avocado
- 1 tablespoon of red pepper flakes
- Pich of Himalayan salt
- Backyard Ranch Marinade
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and drizzle the dressing on top, enjoy!