Blackened Shrimp & Avocado Salad with Backyard Ranch Dressing
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 6-8 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 3 ears corn, grilled
- 3/4 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup Classic Caraway Kraut
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced seedless cucumber
- 1/4 of a large red onion, very thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Backyard Ranch Dressing, for serving
- Chopped chives, for serving
Add shrimp to a medium bowl and toss with the taco seasoning and oil to coat. Set aside while you prepare the salad.
In a large bowl, add the romaine, grilled corn, tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, avocado, and Classic Caraway.
Toss gently to combine.
For the shrimp, preheat a large pan over medium to medium-high heat. Once hot, sear the shrimp for 1-2 minutes per side, or until opaque and cooked through.
Add the shrimp to the salad along with your desired amount of Backyard Ranch and toss well to coat.
Garnish with chives.
For the grilled corn, brush it with oil and a bit of Backyard Ranch and grill for 10-15 minutes, until golden and charred. You can also substitute with corn from the frozen section of the grocery store - look for a fire roasted or chipotle blend!