Stuffed and overflowing with flavors of garlic and cheddar these potatoes are a show-stopper!
2 C Roasted Garlic Kraut
- 4 Large Sweet Potatoes
- 2 TBSP Olive Oil, divided
- 1 LB Broccoli Florets, cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 TSP Kosher Salt
- 1/4 TSP Black Pepper
- 1/2 TSP Onion Powder
- 1/2 TSP Garlic Powder
- 1 Cup Sharp Cheddar, Shredded
- Preheat Oven to 425 F. Wash and scrub sweet potatoes then pat dry. Cut in half lengthwise and place cut side down on a baking sheet. Using olive oil, brush the sweet potatoes then coat liberally with salt. Bake potatoes for 20-25 minutes, until tender. Toss broccoli in the remaining 2 tbsp of olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Then add the broccoli to the baking sheet for the final 10 minutes of baking.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and allow them to cool. Scoop out the center, leaving a quarter inch of potato skins. Place the potato insides in a bowl. Add broccoli, Roasted Garlic Kraut, salt and pepper, cheddar, garlic powder, and onion. Stir until combined and add back into the potato skins.
- Top lightly with shredded cheese then turn on the broiler and boil until golden and bubbly.
Want to try a more spicy version of this recipe? Try mixing in Spicy Kraut and try topping with pepper jack cheese.