2 & 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
2 & 1/2 cup water
1/2 tsp. fine sea salt
1 large egg
- 2 cups Cleveland Kitchen Classic Kimchi
- 1 tbsp. kimchi liquid
- 5 ice cubes
- 2 green chilis, chopped, optional
- 1 red chili, chopped, optional
- Vegetable oil, for cooking
- Pour flour and salt into a large mixing bowl. Add water and egg. Whisk ingredients well.
- Add Cleveland Kitchen Classic Kimchi, kimchi liquid and chilis to bowl. Mix well. Add ice cubes to keep the batter cold.
Heat a large pan over medium-high heat. Pour a generous amount of vegetable oil to cover pan.
- Pour pancake mixture onto pan. Cook on medium heat, turning pancake over when bottom is cooked and the top is partially cooked.
- Keep cooking until pancake reaches desired crispiness.
Serve & Enjoy!
Chef's Note: Liquid from the Classic Kimchi is a key ingredient. It gives the pancake batter an added boost of Kimchi flavor and some really nice color.
Check out these other great recipes
Kimchi Grilled Cheese