Orange Glazed Salmon with Beet Red Kraut
2 salmon fillets, skin-on
1 tbsp. olive oil
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1 medium orange, sliced, for topping
- 3 tbsp. Beet Red Kraut
- 4 tbsp. orange juice, freshly squeezed recommended
- 3 tbsp. honey
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed or minced
- 1 tsp. hot sauce, optional
Heat oil in a pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Sear salmon skin-side up for 3-4 minutes. Flip and sear for 2-3 minutes.
Pour orange juice into pan and allow to reduce to half the quantity. Move the salmon to the sides of the pan and add in the garlic, honey, and soy sauce. Stir well to combine all of the ingredients.
- Bring to a simmer until reduced to a nice syrup, about a 1-2 minutes. Coat the salmon in the sauce. Remove from heat once the salmon is cooked to your liking.
- Season with salt and pepper. Serve with Beet Red Kraut and a drizzle of sauce.
Cooking time will vary depending on the size/thickness of your fillet. For the smaller, thicker salmon fillets, you will need to extend the cooking time to account for the thicker fish.
Check out these other great recipes
Beet Red with Sauerkraut Hummus