Roasted Vegetable winter Salad with Roasted Garlic Kraut
1 red onion
- 1 small butternut squash
- 10 small potatoes
- 2 carrots
- 2 parsnips
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 pinch sea salt and black pepper
- 4 cups of salad mix
- 1 tbsp. olive Oil
- 4 tbsp. Roasted Garlic Kraut
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp. each of fresh basil, coriander and parsley, finely chopped
1 pinch sea salt and black pepper
- Light Feta (or dairy-free cheese)
- Chop all the vegetables into medium sized chunks. Put them in a bowl with 1 tbsp. olive oil and some salt and pepper.
- Mix well. Put in a preheated oven at 375°F for 35 minutes until roasted.
- Prepare salad dressing by mixing the olive oil, balsamic, salt, pepper and herbs together in a small bowl.
- Top the salad with Roasted Garlic Kraut and vegetables.
- Drizzle the dressing on top and crumble feta or non-dairy cheese over salad.
Use any vegetables you have on hand! Cauliflower, broccoli and brussels sprouts roast well and provide additional vitamins and minerals.