Stuffed Red Peppers with Gnar Gnar Sauerkraut
1 hr 10 min
1 hr 30 min
5 Large Red Peppers
1 cup Gnar Gnar Kraut
1 cup Rice
1/2 cup Olive oil
1 tbsp. Minced basil leaves
1 tsp. Ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Paprika
- 1 tsp. Chili powder, optional
- 1 tbsp. Lemon juice
- Place all ingredients excluding the red peppers into a mixing bowl. Mix thoroughly.
- Remove the insides of the red peppers.
- Next, fill the peppers with the mixture you just created.
- Once done filling, cut 1 red pepper into 4 smaller pieces to seal the tops of the filled peppers. This step will help keep the rice inside during the cooking process.
- Place filled peppers upright into a small pot. Fill the small pot with water until it reaches 3/4 height of the filled peppers. Cook on low heat for 1 h 10 min.
- Remove from pot and serve when peppers have softened to your preferred texture.
- Serve with Dairy or non-dairy sour cream or high fat yogurt.