- 3 tbsp Butter
- 2 cups Portobello mushrooms
- 1 cup Diced yellow onion
- 2 cups Roasted Garlic Cleveland Kraut
- ¼ cup All purpose flour
- 2 cups Chicken stock or vegetable stock
- 2 1/2 cups Milk
- 1.5 pounds Diced yukon gold potatoes
- 1/2 cup Plain sour cream
- 1 cup Shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp Sea salt or more to taste
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper
- Thinly-sliced green onions
- Diced parsley
- Some extra shredded cheese
- Insert the butter in a large pot and cook over medium-high heat. Add the diced onions and mushrooms and sauté for 5 minutes. Stir in the Roasted Garlic and sauté for an extra 1-2 minutes.
- Next, stir the flour into the mixture and sauté for an additional 1 minute to cook the flour.
- 3.Stir in the stock until combined, followed by the milk and peeled potatoes. Continue cooking until the mixture starts to simmer.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for about 10-15 minutes or until the potatoes are soft. Make sure to stir the soup every few minutes to prevent the bottom from burning.
- Once the potatoes are nice and soft, stir in the cheddar cheese and sour cream, salt and pepper. Taste and season with extra salt and pepper, if needed.
- Serve warm and garnish with desired toppings. Enjoy!
Check out these other great recipes