- 3 cups All-purpose flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 Large egg
- ¼ cup Sour cream
- ¾ cup Water
- 1 lb Ground pork / beef / turkey / chicken or Meat Alternative we love Tofu or BeyondMeat Sausage
- ½ Yellow onion
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 cup Roasted Garlic Kraut
- Add all Pierogi dough ingredients into a bowl and mix it thoroughly. If you use a mixer, make sure to mix for about 5 minutes until the dough becomes smooth and soft. Alternatively, knead by hand on a clean surface for approximately 8 minutes. If required, add a tablespoon flour at a time until the dough starts forming into a smooth ball. Cover the dough and refrigerate until ready to use.
- To make the filling, simmer the potatoes on medium heat until the potatoes are tender and set aside to cool down. Next, crumble the potatoes in little pieces into a bowl. Add ground meat, salt, (optional - pinch of pepper), diced onions, and the Roasted Garlic Kraut to the bowl and stir until well incorporated.
- Start rolling the dough out in batches on a floured surface.
- Use an inverted glass or scone cutter ( 3-4 inches in diameter) and cut out circles of the dough.
- Place a filled tablespoon of the the filling onto one of half of the circle and then fold the other half over.
- Gently press together the edges to seal the Pierogis.
- Add the Pierogis in a cooking pan or pot with boiling water and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Drain and serve immediately.
Check out these other great recipes