- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup Classic Caraway
- 1/3 cup finely chopped celery stalk
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onions
- 2 tbsp. vegan mayo
- 4 slices whole-grain bread, toasted
- 1/4 ripe avocado, sliced (for topping, optional)
- Spinach or lettuce
- Add the chickpeas to food processor and process until broken up but not smooth, or mash the chickpeas with a potato masher until almost all of the beans are broken down.
- Add the Classic Caraway, celery, onion, and mayo.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
- Toast bread slices. Spread as much chickpea salad mixture as you'd like on the bottom slice.
- Add sliced avocado and spinach on top of chickpea salad.
- Top with toasted slice of bread.
For a spicy version try using Gnar Gnar, or experiment with your favorite Cleveland Kitchen Kraut flavors by combining two!
Check out these other great recipes