- 1 ¼ cup pickle juice
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 4 chicken breasts
- 4 brioche hamburger buns
- 4 oz. Dilly Garlic Pickle Chips
- 4 cups coleslaw mix
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1.5 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. cracked black pepper
- 2 eggs, large
- vegetable oil, for frying
- Place 1 cup of pickle juice, buttermilk, and chicken breasts in a bowl or large resealable bag. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. Allow to marinate 2-6 hours for best flavor.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour with the spices and seasonings. In a separate bowl, add the eggs and remaining pickle juice and stir to combine.
- Heat oil in a pan on medium-high heat. Remove the chicken from the marinade.
- Dredge each chicken breast in the pickle-egg mixture, and then cover it in the flour. When fully coated, place chicken in the hot oil to fry.
- Cook each chicken breast for about 5-7 minutes on each side or until each piece has been cooked through. Drain each breast of excess oil on a wire rack or paper-towel lined plate.
- Spread mayonnaise on the bottom bun, then top with fried chicken breast, coleslaw, Dilly Garlic Pickles, and the top bun.
For a thicker crust double dredge the chicken in the flour and egg mixture before frying. When frying, make sure you work in batches so you don't overcrowd the pan and every piece is properly cooked through.
Check out these other great recipes