- 2 Tbsp Bread & Butta Pickles
- 1/2 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 Tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice, Freshly Squeezed
- 1 Tbsp Dill, Finely Chopped
- 1 Cup Lettuce
- 1/2 Red Onion
- 1 Tbsp Capers, Finely Chopped
- Kosher Salt
- Pepper, Freshly Ground
- Peanut or Vegetable Oil, for Frying
- 4 Filets (3-4 Oz Each) White Fish, Such as Cod or Halibut
- 1 1/2 Cup All Purpose Flour, Divided
- 1/2 Tsp Corn Starch
- 1/2 Tsp Paprika
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Cup Beer
- 4 Toasted Buns for Serving
- For the tartar sauce, combine mayonnaise, lemon juice, dill, pickles, and capers in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- For the fish, preheat oil to 350 degrees in a heavy bottom pan or deep fryer. In a medium bowl, whisk together corn starch, 1 cup flour, paprika, baking powder, cayenne, salt, and black pepper. Add beer to dry ingredients and mix; the batter should be similar to that of pancake batter. Add remaining 1/2 cup flour to a plate.
- Season fish generously with salt and pepper. Work with one filet at a time, fully coat fish in flour, then dip both sides of fish into batter, making sure to let excess barrer drip back into the bowl. Then, coat fish in flour again; this creates the crunchy bits of batter. Repeat this process with the remaining fish.
- Carefully add fish to oil and fry until crispy to touch and golden, abut 8-10 minutes. You will most likely need to turn the fish occasionally to ensure even crisp. Remove to a towel lined plate and immediatly season.
- For presentation, spread a layer of tartar sauce on each half of the buns. Top with fish, red onions, lettuce, tartar sauce and Dilly Garlic Pickle Chips.
Add Kettle Chips to level up your sandwich game and add additional crunch!
Check out these other great recipes