- 1/2 Cup Spicy Kraut
- 1 pint Cherry Tomatoes
- 2 Small Bell Peppers
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 4 1/2 TSP Olive Oil
- Black Pepper
- Cut the squash in half and remove the seeds. Lay each half on a baking sheet and bake for 40 minutes at 400 degrees F.
- Prep your fillings. Brown the sausage in a large skillet, and add vegetables, salt, and spices. Stir until sausage is completely cooked and vegetables are tender.
- Scoop the flesh of the squash, leaving 1/2 inch on each side to create a wall.
- Combine the removed flesh with the sausage and vegetable mixture. Stir in cheese and desired herbs.
- Fill squash halves with sausage mixture, sprinkle cheese on top and bake for an additional 15 minutes at 375 degrees F.
Welcome the autumnal season and enjoy this dish with friends and family. Not a fan of spice? Substitute Classic Caraway or Roasted Garlic Kraut for a toned down flavor.
Check out these other great recipes