- 2 cans of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tsps. ground cumin
- 2 c. Spicy Kraut
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 4 flour tortillas, large
- 2 cup vegan cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 medium scallions, thinly sliced
- Add half of the chickpeas to a food processor fitted with the blade attachment and pulse until broken down but not smooth. Alternatively, place in a large bowl and mash with a fork.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat until simmering. Add the onion, stir to coat with the oil, and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft.
- Mix Gnar Gnar with mashed and whole chickpeas. Add the mixture, garlic, cumin, chili powder, and salt to pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3-5 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Top each tortilla with 1/4 cup of cheese. Divide the chickpea mixture among the tortillas, spreading into an even layer. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over top of the chickpeas, then top each with scallions.
- Fold the tortillas as desired. Heat a large frying pan or griddle over medium heat. Add the quesadillas. Cook until toasted, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Repeat as needed until all the quesadillas are cooked.
Chickpea Quesadillas with Gnar Gnar are perfect for meal prepping! Foil-wrapped quesadillas can be stored in the fridge for up to 3-5 days or in the freezer for a month.
Check out these other great recipes