Sometimes it feels like we are constantly on the go. Whether jumping from meeting to meeting on Zoom or rushing to your yoga class in 5 o’clock traffic, it can be easy to forget to fuel up throughout the weekday.
Plan out your lunch ahead of time to avoid a growling stomach mid-day. You’ll thank yourself later.
At Cleveland Kitchen, we are constantly exploring recipes that highlight the flavors of our products and are easy to whip up. We rounded up a couple of our favorite recipes for your lunch break.
Quick Lunch Ideas
If you’re a sandwich lover (like us), this recipe is for you! We took the classic deli sandwich recipe and added a vegetarian twist.
What makes the Vegetarian Deli Sandwich better is its brief meal prep time. This tasty and healthy dish is all yours for lunch in just five minutes.
Our Classic Caraway Kraut elevates this sandwich to a whole new level, adding traditional Bavarian flavor, a fresh crunch, and a robust taste.
- 4 vegetarian deli meat slices
- 1 slice of tomato
- 1/4 avocado, sliced
- 1 tbsp. Classic Caraway Kraut
- 2 tbsp. honey mustard dressing
- 1 leaf of lettuce or sprouts
- 2 slices whole-wheat pretzel buns
- Spread honey mustard (or a spread of choice) on one slice of bread, then place four slices of vegetarian deli meat on top.
- Add tomato, avocado, lettuce or sprouts, and Classic Caraway Kraut to the sandwich.
- Top the sandwich with another slice of bread.
Do you want a filling meal but are too tired to cook anything? Our Italian No-Cook Lunch Bowl is here to help. This five-minute dish allows you to get meats, cheese, and vegetables into a single bite.
Feel free to sprinkle our Roasted Garlic Kraut on top. This sauerkraut is packed with rich garlic, fresh ground black pepper, and pre and probiotics.
- 1 Salami sausage, chopped
- 1/2 cup olives
- 1/2 cup Roasted Garlic Kraut
- 1/2 cup mozzarella balls, mini
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup broccoli, steamed or raw
- Garlic Italian Dressing, for serving
- Crackers or nuts (optional)
- Grab a large or medium-sized plate or bowl, and a small dip-sized bowl.
- Fill the dip bowl with Roasted Garlic Kraut and place in the middle of the plate.
- Place other ingredients in separate sections around the kraut.
- Drizzle Garlic Italian Dressing over broccoli.
- Enjoy with crackers or nuts.
Not in the mood for a sandwich or a salad — why not try a wrap?
Not only does it contain cilantro and vegan mozzarella cheese shreds, but the wrap’s marinated tofu cubes bring more protein and fiber to the tasty mix.
The Sweet Beet Tofu Wrap needs five minutes for prep and cooking time. All in all, in merely ten minutes, you can have a wrap with vivid taste and aromas.
Pro-Tip: Making meals ahead of time will save you when you only have 30 minutes to take a lunch break.
If you want more from your tofu wrap, then add our Sweet Beet Dressing. With a few drizzles, you can add a vibrant and creamy blend of fermented red cabbage, beets, and carrots to your dish.
- 2 cups cooked, marinated tofu cubes. We like to use Hodo Foods Southern Barbeque Tofu Cubes, but feel free to use another brand.
- 1/4 cup Sweet Beet Dressing
- 1/2 cup vegan mozzarella cheese shreds
- 1/4 cup cilantro, minced
- 4 8" tortillas (choose any tortilla that matches your diet)
- Place tortillas on a clean flat surface.
- Add 1/2 cup cooked tofu, 1 tablespoon Sweet Beet Dressing, 2 tablespoons of cheese, and 1 tablespoon of minced cilantro on each tortilla.
- Fold tightly to form a burrito shape.
- Heat a heavy-duty pan or grill to medium heat.
- Coat with a light layer, oil, or cooking spray and cook wraps for approximately 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Remove from heat, and slice in half.
Break Time Just Got Better
A quality lunch should check three boxes: delicious, rich flavor, and sufficient nutrients. Our recipes check all three, fueling you throughout the work week!
At Cleveland Kitchen, our ultimate goal is for everyone to have world-class fermented foods on any occasion. By combining our selection of sauerkraut, dressing, or kimchi with a short prep/cooking time, you can get a fresh and hearty meal in time for work.
For more flavorful, easy-to-make meals, check out our curated recipe selection to quickly find tasty and healthy options –– which support all ranges of tastes, lifestyles, and diet.